Three older pieces that gave me carpal tunnel! I got started creating these after seeing an old master's carefully preserved pallet. Dark wood encrusted with oil paints that had blackened over the years but still little shots of bright colour peeked through in places. To come up with that effect I laid leftover pieces of cotton, velvet, silk all over a firm background. There must have been 6 to 8 layers. Then I machined through the lot row upon row. The carpal tunnel problems started with the cutting through layers stage. This one above became a furrowed field with a couple of haystacks one being one of my wrappings.
Then I moved on to try out the effect of water lapping over land.
Then the wild child in me came out and I made this one for a hippie show. It's enormous by the way! Oh, and it includes some wrapping and some areas of stitching.