Monday 29 April 2013

Stitch Scratch


Where does the time go?
At my age time is no longer on my side!
Can hardly believe April is nearly over.


Perhaps if I stitch bold orange
things might warm up around here


Didn't work!


Looking back through 16 year old sketchbooks
found this bird woman surrounded by marks.
Can't remember if I loved her then
but I love her now.


Monster on the dyke


Seven of us got together at the art centre
working on a group project.
And then on Sunday
Lo and behold the sun came out!

4 comments:

  1. Penny I love your bird woman too.
    I am in complete sympathy with your horror of the monster on the dike.
    sometimes change is heart breaking.
    Happy week and hoping for warmth!
    -sus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to come here and see how very creative you are with stitches. Thank you for sharing such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've turned your monster on the dyke into a rather interesting, spindly fellow - and the advantage of stitching him is that there's no noise! Love the orange - it warmed me up, even if it had no effect on the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the orange was for us of course
    the abdication of our queen
    feast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.