Tuesday 24 September 2024

Rusty Pups at Play

 

It has been quite a year for one of these girls


Rusty Pup Brandy started the year with a torn ligament operation
Followed by allergies and scratchings and hair loss
Then Thyroid diagnosis
It is only now that she walks freely and happily.
Her fur has grown back.
She is happy again


One day about a year our friend Michael knocked on the back Door with stuffed toys 
For the Rusty Pups.
I was a bit sceptical because our previous rusties would have chewed them to bits
In seconds.


However these two gentle souls are happy just carrying their toys around
And love to be chased as I try to get the toys back.

Not wanting furry stuffies 
destroyed outside in the mud and the rain
I trained the pups to drop their toy before going through the back door.
They caught on very quickly and I was pretty impressed.

But this summer I decided they had earned the right to take furry toys outside.
Trouble is they are so well trained……I have to carry the toys outside and
they won’t bring them back through the door when it is time to come in!
 
And….when I pick up a toy to bring it inside they think it is time for a
game of grab the toy from Mom!


Brilliant training
Now how to un train!

Oh to be a spoilt pooch!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.