Friday 13 September 2024

In the Middle of the World at ArtsPlace Ready for Visitors

I want to talk about line of sight.

All three gallery locations where In the Middle of the World was hung

created interesting lines of sight showing layers of work

And interesting half hidden teasers of what might be coming into sight around the corner.

 Miranda Bouchard, Judith Martin me and our helping husbands

created this intimate and enticing layout!

And as Judy said…just like a walk in the woods.

Love it!


Eternity by Judy Martin
Beaver Moon Dreaming by Penny Berens
Medicine Earth by Judy
 luckily we could hang Judy’s pieces away from the wall 
Allowing viewers to peak behind it. For as you must know Judy’s work is always two-sided.
Then we have another of my pieces…November Song



Prayer to the Sky by Judy Martin
 Chasing the Moon by Penny Berens
Thoughts and Memories and Dreams by Judy


Eternity Judy’s
Stoney Island Memories mine
Whispering Cairn mine
Prayer to the Sky Judy’s


Textiles add warmth and intimacy to every space.
Some thought it was like entering a cathedral
When I looked down that long wall I thought of old English manors
Where tapestries were hung on the walls for warmth.
The folk at ArtsPlace noticed it had reduced the echoes in the gallery.
The wonders of textile arts!


I became fascinated by the shadows forming under my wall hangings.
Love that!


….and the shadows behind and beneath Judy’s work too.

So many thanks to Sophie and Geoff at ArtsPlace

Thank you for reading my meanderings!
Have a wonderful day!







6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful post, dearest Penny. I am so privileged to work with you and Miranda. Our show looks amazing and your writing about it is thoughtful and inspiring. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing show! I love seeing your work alongside Judy's, and the incredible amount of lovingly slow stitches that you gals put into each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing. Oh, to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so lovely, congratulations on a stunning exhibition. I need a Tardis! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the acoustic effect is really strong. But it looks like a fabulous display!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I wish I could see these in person! I just went and visited Judy and found the wonderful tribute to you there. How lovely to have a friend who 'gets you' and obviously admire what you do. I suspect the feeling is mutual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.