Saturday 14 September 2024

Happy Birthday Steven on this Day of Memory

 


Happy Birthday Steven

This would have been your 52nd birthday

My goodness me, son, that’s old!


We lost you when you were 21

But I still feel you around

In the sea breezes that touch my face on morning walks

But mainly whenever an eagle visits….. I imagine it is you

Telling me you are just fine.



Happy birthday son

I remember birthdays with Baskin Robins Ice cream cakes

I remember gifts of Star Wars Lego

Everything Star Wars!

And of course goalie hockey equipment

You certainly loved your hockey!

I remember sketchbooks full to the brim of your art.



I am grateful to all your friends

Who gathered and kept you alive with their stories of you!

God bless

XoxoX

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully written post for your son. Sending you extra loving thought today Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute Penny - I'm sure you miss him and think of him every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.