Sunday 14 February 2021

Happy Valentine's Day to All....


Happy Valentine's Day!
Especially to my Handy Hubby
Who I fell in love with when I was seventeen
My goodness that was well over half a century ago!
He is my knight in shining armour.


We have been swamped with snow
Kind of marooned
But Handy Hubby has come to the rescue and
snow-blowed trails for the Rusty Pups and me.


No ordinary trails mind you
He created a whole network of paths that criss cross all over the place!
Luckily the Rusty Pups find this just as exciting as a walk along the dyke.
They wait with bated breath for me to get dressed and join them.
We walk our trails every morning at the break of dawn.


My beautiful gentle Rusty Pup Brandy
Who stays close.....
.....Most of the time.
I know it's a bit blurry but I like it all the same!


And this is my Wild Child Rusty Pup, Ginger
Who thinks she is on a mission on every walk.
She walks with a purpose.


Today's mission took her across frozen pond
to see who had been through the woods last night.

Gentle Brandy would rather stay with me but keep an eye on her sister.

There is always cause for a celebratory romp when Ginger returns to the pack!



And after an hour of walking my perfect snowy trails
my fingers are frozen
Time for a nice warm coffee!
Hope your day is full of love!

11 comments:

  1. It always makes my heart smile when I see pictures of your Rusty Pups. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your beloved (and those sweet RP's too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine’s Day dear Penny and Richard 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY story in the photos here and I would love to be able to tag along in real time... Dale and I walked this morning and it was a GLORIOUS Valentine's Day!! Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Valentine's to you too.
    Winter is a wonderful season, but it sure has been cold lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Penny, I've been so worried about you since you hadn't post in a while. I even sent you an email the other day. So great to see you and the pups again. Can't wait to see what you've been stitching on. Lots of love coming to you today on Valentines and all thru the year. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a lovely day with those amazing dogs.
    Love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's proper snow - not the half-hearted stuff we get! And so lucky as to have two RPs to enjoy it with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those last pictures with the sunrise are beautiful - what a great way to start your day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are blessed with our shining knights in armor! Oh, those pups remind me of our girls. They still melt my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours of the morning sky are beautiful and I can't believe how you cope with so much snow! I meet my husband at school when I was 14, how lucky are we to be able to say we have known our partners for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated Valentine's Day to you two and those pups! I too have been checking in over here and hoping all is well. I'm glad you are enjoying the snowy walks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.