Monday 5 August 2013

Scratching Summer Sunshine


Who stays indoors in glorious sunshiny weather?


Anyone else a golf widow on Mondays...
and most sunshiny days until the snows come!


Tuesday was time to take down our group show at the art centre.


The Rusty Pups, Diane and I
spent a glorious day at the red beach
trying to get some of that red onto our cloth.


The RP's explored


and lounged around admiring our work!


Snails and limpets also looked on.


Decided to restrict myself to X's for the rest of the week....
keep it simple when it's way to sunshiny outside to stay indoors!

7 comments:

  1. I hope the RP's supervision was help rather than hindrance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did help a couple of times by walking out onto the red muddy flats and then walking red paw prints over our cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i love this new section of scratchings! the figure jumps up and seems to be waving 'hello'! and i can almost see the gentle waves lapping at the cloth, leaving those red curvy kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Penny,i want to let you know how much i enjoy your Scratchings! They inspire me to start up some form of embroidery too, but i like to ask you something.
    What fabric do you use to work on? I am a total beginner so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. Best wishes from Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your question, Lara. I like to stitch in two layers. There is a bottom/foundation layer of cotton. The top layer is anything I can lay my hands on that my needle will go through! Hope that helps. If you email me at psberens@gmail.com I can give you more details.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.