Wednesday 9 August 2017

Running Late Along Stone Pathways


Stone Pathways was hanging in the studio
wrong side out
Caught my eye
Liked it
Decided I had to record it.


Just a few marks on a big heavy stone.
Knowing that the background squares
are roughly 5"x6"
you can judge the size of the stones.


A teeny weeny speck of a pebble.


Nature always does a better job at mark making than I.


This is a large heavy stone
and I like that a delicate sheer silk chiffon
is what I chose.
It will look fragile despite it's size
lying alongside it's companions.


A little bit of madder red.
(I am dyeing with madder this week)


 Small and simple.


My studio is my place of peace
My place for calm thought
My safe place to take the next exploratory steps
The place where I can look out at the woodland world that surrounds me

Have a creative studio day.


7 comments:

  1. It sounds utterly blissful - surrounded by your soft stones, and looking out at a beautiful woodland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reverse pics. The big heavy one is great as is the teeny weeny one. Is that reverse applique??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your workspace with the lovely large window looking over beautiful nature at her best. Love seeing the reverse of your latest panel. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This underside has its own beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can hardly wait to see the other side

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh - now I'm having thoughts of how great it would be if the reverse was left to show in the finished piece!! It has a beauty all its own and deserves to be seen and admired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds utterly blissful - surrounded by your soft stones, and looking out at a beautiful woodland!


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.