Wednesday 16 August 2017

Marking Stone Pathways


This beautiful stone could perhaps
be mistaken for a soapstone carving


The marks on stones
are beginning to make me think
I should perhaps take them further
next year.


Perhaps I should isolate them
from their stone surroundings.....


.....remove them from their size restrictions.....


.....play around with them in sketchbooks.....


.....and explore their potential.....


 .....as stand alone marks.


Meanwhile the weather this August
has been exceptional.....


.....around our beautiful Annapolis Basin.

Have a great day
go to the beach!

6 comments:

  1. It's so easy to overlook things like the markings on pebbles, and you are showing us the beauty of the small and insignificant. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to see how you proceed with your new ideas. I love this batch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A..mazing...once again. I truly adore that first one, and want to hold it in my own hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each seven all new and beautiful...amazing! always, one thing leads to another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Rachel - you are inspiring us to look at stones and pebbles in an entirely new way. I'm also looking at stitching differently too - just from watching your interpretations of the designs in the pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful beach, beautiful stones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.