Monday 21 May 2012

A Week of Jumping from one Piece to Another


The week's scratchings
honour water birds
and the fuchsia colour of my lovely magnolia.
So to the left you will see twelve duckling footprints 


and a row of flying geese in as few stitches as possible.
I'm working on a goose piece and want some flying way off in the distance.


Jumping from one piece to another...
On the dappled sunshine piece
some suns rays are growing longer than others
The sun has finally come out here
and I see that some rays manage to penetrate the woods more than others.

11 comments:

  1. I love the flying geese....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Monday Morning!! Hope your weekend was as serene and perfect as ours was. Great stitching.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm continually impressed by your ability to devise some stitched representation of your life each day. Imaginative and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Penny ! Ha all the duckling feet !!! Love the unfolding ferns, and those geese .....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little duckling feet! I admire your ability to move easily between pieces, something I have a terrible time with. I have to learn to be less focused and more 'spread out'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the birds and prints and stitched ferns! I love this time of year with the unfurling, spirals everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Victoria day,Penny.
    Your stitching is so inspiring, reminds me of seeing your workand workshop at Mahone Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little Geese are magical! Such vivid expression in just a few stitches, I've been following your scratchings with a great deal of interest, seeing how that daily practice is giving you fluidity and familiarity with each stitch you place. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the 'as few stitches as possible' approach - the geese look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Your imagination knows no boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's incredible how you have captured so many variances in the geese - exactly like the flock we have that reside in the river right outside our apartment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.