Thursday 29 April 2021

Making Colour



Before lockdown started here yesterday
Diane and Grace and myself happy spent Tuesdays
playing with dyepots.
Madder was one of our first choices


Black Hollyhock surprised us with a deep dark smokey blue.
I actually liked it!

We are very excited to have 
a brand new grower of pant dyes in the Annapolis Valley


I think it was their Black Coreopsis
that gave us a very nice green.
I know
I should keep better records!

I can understand some folk wanting to do nothing but dye.
The magic of reaching into a dye pot 
and pulling out a new colour
is very addictive.


Yummy!
I hope you there are lots of colours in your day today.

7 comments:

  1. the madder is so deep and clear ... one of my favorite colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some lovely colours there - full of promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours and who knew there was such a thing as a Black Hollyhock! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you make the work in blue behind the piles of dyed fabric?
    it is so beautiful, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful colours! I didn't know there was a black hollyhock variety either and certainly didn't know you could dye with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Black Hollyhock color, reminds me of several dips into an indigo vat. Fabulous! Can't wait to see what you will do with that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to order some Vibrant Acres packages for summer fun! The colours are beautiful - good fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.