Monday 26 April 2021

Blue on Blue and a bit of Rust


Blue on the design wall
 Pinned over lots of colour waiting for attention.
Rusted blue linen tablecloth
My old denim dress torn into strips and couched down into rocks
Rocks are circles
Blue shibori moon
Moons are circles.


Moonlit rock circles


Loving the shibori moon
Need to do more of that.


Blue
Rocky shoreline
Beneath full blue moons
We are circled by rocks
We have a coastal community in Nova Scotia called Blue Rocks.


Rust can always be found amidst shoreline rocks.


It needs to rest right now as I decide
if more stitching is needed.
I am a fan of excessive stitching!


Whether to stitch inside the rock circles
or
surround the rocks with stitch.
Don't know yet.
But for now I've had my fill of blue!

I hope you too can play with a colour you you never use!

11 comments:

  1. thank you for taking me back to a long-ago rocky shoreline ... the rocks and the rust so true to my own memories ...

    and yes, I've been playing with clear pastels of late ... a little bit goes a (good) long way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply - LOVE IT!! and you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. So such thing as too much stitch BYW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic! I just wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog, but I see why I signed up. Very inspiring. I'm taking an online course titled "Leaving Your Mark Behind" with Eva Camacho. Although we are working with pencil marks, markers, inks..., I can see where this all leads when I get a needle and thread in my hand. I'm going to share your blog with the class. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comments. I myself am having difficulty responding to your comments individually on the blog. A mystery to me....apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, you might be interested that Judy Martin and I are having a show at the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum in Almonte starting in October.
    Enjoy your course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love this Penny - very you and in my favourite colour! Thanks for leading me to your sons instagram site - stunning and thoughtful pieces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will tell you what it needs, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaah - you KNOW I love this! Blue is my colour as you know. Sometimes a time-out is just what a piece needs and then you'll see the way forward (but I know you're well aware of that!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Blue on Blue piece is brilliant Penny, so happy to see you back and posting as well as what you've been up to. Sending you and the pups big hugs! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.