Friday 1 May 2020

There is Something About New Beginnings


My spirit simply soars
when the decision is made
on which piece of cloth to pick up and stitch next.
There's always so many waiting in the wings
pinned to the wall
or laying on tables
but
when I commit
my heart lifts with excitement.
Doesn't it do that to you too?

Such a relief from our current reality
cut off from little munchkins
whose hugs I so miss.

Keeping creativity going is medicine indeed


Morning walks are medicinal too
I read somewhere that doing Sudokus just makes you good at doing sudokus
but 
a walk in the woods where you have to plan where to step
is good for and old mind and muscles like mine!


When Rusty Pups are behaving
A walk is a meditation for me
a time to observe what grows....


 ....and what dies.


The woods can be messy
it's floor strewn with worn roots and new growth


And my studio can be messy
Every flat surface covered in potential
and walls covered in layers of ideas percolating!


 Rusty Pups can be messy
all covered in mud
but today they came home cleanish
no diving into streams
or mud baths today!


9 comments:

  1. And when the Rusty Pups are _not_ behaving, the walk becomes even more of a workout, for mind and body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and encouraging post Penny - your's always are but this one was just what I needed today! Love the peek at the design wall! See you next week/Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours in the second photo are so inspirational - so many wonderful shades of green! Enjoyed the peek at your design wall too. And those Rusty Pups, curled up together - awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely look into your walks, too rough for me these days I am afraid and great to see your design wall. From the big house to this little one finding space can be a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely look into your walks, too rough for me these days I am afraid and great to see your design wall. From the big house to this little one finding space can be a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So - I guess this means that you are starting yet another new piece. you are amazing xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Penny, highlighting the subtleties of colour and texture in the woods.Your first stanza rings so true. I look forward to seeing what creative piece is being nurtured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Rusty Pups remind me of this clip shared by Brian Williams of MSNBC recently...featuring Olive and Mabel...Enjoy! https://youtu.be/m1P-y3FocGs

    ReplyDelete
  9. so good to see your creative work. Totally agree about being out in nature for a walk. Yesterday, (Sunday) afternoon I took our 2 dogs for a long walk, so good to have time to note the colours of the fallen leaves, small rocks, the reddish earth, but then suddenly I heard someone yelling...our Kelpie x had gone under a fence into a horse paddock, but she quickly turned-tail and came back to me. And my Cocker spaniel found every puddle & muddy patch he could....always so hard to keep him clean in Autumn & Winter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.