Tuesday 14 April 2020

Inspiration for Some New Beginnings Perhaps


I am finding the landscape the Beavers have left behind fascinating


Sometimes the Rusty Pups and I
visit the old Beaver territory on our morning walks


Because they are no longer here to maintain their dams
the water had receded


Revealing chewed off stubs of trees and bushes
Jutting up and out at every angle
I love the randomness


Back at home this Groundhog boldly
walked across the front of the house
right under excited Rusty Pups watching his every move 
from the safety of the kitchen window.
Apologies for the photo
it took me ages to find the camera and so got his backside!


Exhausted mighty beaver hunters
and groundhog observers!

New beginnings don't happen suddenly for me
I have to absorb and ponder
and understand 
before I can decide what story I want to stitch
but there is a point, as Meister Eckhart says,
when I do dive in and trust the magic
of new beginnings.

And suddenly you know:
it's time to start something new
and trust the magic 
of new beginnings
Meister Eckhart

10 comments:

  1. the beaver-scape is fascinating ... can't wait to see what you make of it

    and love seeing the RPs spooned together

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'The magic of new beginnings'! Thanks for sharing, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny - so glad to see your posts here and the stories you tell and the photos you share add so much to my imagination - sometimes thinking how much fun it would be to walk alongside on these walks you take with the Rusty Pups... I am walking the trails as often as weather permits. We expect snow again tomorrow - IMAGINE! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such satisfied and exhausted Hunters and Observers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pictures of nature
    (and the pups, hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the Rusty pups sleep together in one bed. I look forward to following along with your "Sign of the Beaver" (from our fifth grade reading list) series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That second photo from the top captivated me -- and the photo of the groundhog! We call our prairie dogs "groundhogs" out here but...they're not a patch on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like having x-ray eyes seeing those beaver home foundations. Wonder if it's a learned or intuitive
    skill to begin with stick "warp" for strength?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great to catch up with you Penny and the Rusty Pups. I love hearing about how the landscape inspires you and then you need to ponder a bit before you begin creating. Stay safe!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the 'story you want to stitch' choice of words. No beavers nearby our apartment but we do have a resident groundhog that lives in the little rise behind us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.