Thursday 19 December 2019

Marking Virgin Snow


It might not look like it but the RP's and I are the first ones here!
It has always astonished me how much one car, one human
and two Rusty Pups can disturb the ground they move upon.

One of the joys of early morning walks on virgin snow
is the visual proof of who has been there before me.
The Rusty Pups know all year long
with their noses to the ground.


rabbits live here


squirrels live here


A tiny jumper of some sort?


Bobcats live here


Mice headed for shelter before we got here.


If one takes too long to get a shot of new footprints
Rusty Pups come rushing over to help
and of course destroy any chance of a photo!


Wherever one goes....


 ....the other is bound to follow.


And finally remembering
the Beaver footprints from last year.
Huge aren't they!

Knowing that these creatures share this land with us
fills my soul with joy.

I hope you have a joy filled day.

10 comments:

  1. You are really good at identifying footprints! I think I am glad I am not, because if I saw a bobcat print, I would probably leave the area! I like seeing the prints in the snow too, but Zeus usually sniffs places other than the prints so there is still lots that is hidden from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is glorious ... what fun you all have together ... and I can almost feel the fresh-ness of snow in my mind's long-ago sense of such things

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to see evidence of your furry neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun and excitement! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see so little evidence of footprints, as we have no snow in Winter, I would love to see all these footprints and come to know who has passed by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful to see footprints in the snow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog postings give me so much joy. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a fan of snow but your photos of it are fun - especially the footprints and of course those Rusty Pups that you know I adore from afar. Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours Penny (and of course special Christmas skirtches to those Pups!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Christmas dearest friends - sending love your way! The blessing of this blog brings joy to SO many around the world... having a link to your world and the beautiful surroundings at your home in NS is a blessing in and of itself! ENJOY!! Happy New year! bethany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.