Monday 26 November 2018

Mother Nature Deconstruction, Manmade and Woman-made


We lost two more trees
The winds have been wild


Tree hugging after the violence


So now we have three trees that look like this
Since then Winter has arrived
so those trees will be under the snow
until Spring allows us to move them.


This tree had carpenter ants and mice living in it.


We have been a construction site for a month.
The guys who installed our solar panels left a sea of mud behind.
We had to get someone else in to redo the drive!
Gee whizz.


Meanwhile at the other end of the driveway
all our culverts have been replaced
and the road resurfaced and widened for cyclists.


Handy Hubby had a whale of a time
marvelling at all the equipment and activity.



Sometimes I got caught on the wrong side of the road!


I can't show you what I've been working on for the last two weeks.
I am in Christmas mode!
But, since we've lost trees I thought I would show pictures
of some of my own tree inspired stitches.
This one being a detail of Woodpeckers Lived Here.


And from The Edge of the Woods.


And from A Stream Runs Through it.

I hope Winter warms up a bit.
It's only November for goodness sake!

4 comments:

  1. how the sawn tree trunk echoes your stitching ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did get to see some astonishing machinery, didn't you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor trees - but that one that was a home to ants and mice is amazing! The solar panels look like a great idea - shame about the drive though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - more trees? Such a shame, but so lucky that they didn't fall on your house. I'm sure you will love your solar panels once you get all the mess cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.