Friday 23 September 2016

One Crumb and Fifty Shades of Grey - Week Thirty-Eight


Scraps gathered from my basket
plus some dots rejected from a larger project.
Stitched together.
I look at it
and feel 
It is just not me.
Not what I imagine my work to be like.
So why does that happen every now and then?
Surprising.
Very strange.


Fifty shades...not quite
but a table full of greys.
I wanted lots of shades and a variety of fabrics.


The lacy edging of an old tablecloth
came out beautifully.
And this summer every dye pot has included a lovely piece of silk velvet.


Linen and silk take colour differently.
Subtle changes in colour.


Eager to start working with my newly dyed fabrics
but won't be able to until mid November.
My goodness that is a long way away!
Don't you love the rusted paper towel?
Just included for a shot of colour.


Every dye pot this summer has had a skein of thread thrown in too.

9 comments:

  1. You have been busy with your dye pots ~ I look forward to seeing how you will use these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely subtle colours from the dyepots, I see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The varied shades of gray are inviting and the threads beg for a needle and time with good light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For what it's worth, you have some beautiful shades of gray!! Actually, I like the piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous collection of fabrics. I like your crumb. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super beautiful grays, and hand stitching.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post!! The fabrics are all so beautiful. I know what you mean about something 'not being me'. I'm working on something now that is in that category. I'm pushing through because I think that once its finished I'll like it -- we'll have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post!! The fabrics are all so beautiful. I know what you mean about something 'not being me'. I'm working on something now that is in that category. I'm pushing through because I think that once its finished I'll like it -- we'll have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. trusty rusty paper towel.

    there are parts of the crumb that are "you", so maybe you are finding a new to you "you". Like all the different fabrics finding their way in the dye.

    love the velvet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.