Tuesday 15 July 2014

Getting Back to Normal.


Hurricane recovery mode


I don't like wind
nor do I like not having electricity!
incapable of creativity
So I've been sorting and taming muddled threads.
The break in these threads means we still have no power.


One of my morning joys at the moment
is seeing the osprey obviously feeding young
high up there in their nest
with a view of the Basin on one side
and the river on the other.
The power finally came back
and the young man whose dog we once rescued
came by and cut up our fallen tree.


Days of recovery
an evening of mystery theatre with friends
and a brand new umbrella 
to give us some shade.

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, I do hope life returns to normal for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully things will be more peaceful now -- and that your summer can continue to roll out lovely days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you document your life. This is brilliant. And i'm sure i've told you that before since i've been visiting you for a while but somehow it just struck me again how wonderful this is.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.