Monday 15 October 2018

Autumn Travellers






We welcomed our Australian cousins Pip and Fox
and had a great time showing them around our little piece of the world.

Then I became the traveller
Joining the Connections Fibre Artists group for a stitching retreat.
Reconnecting with old friends and making new ones.

Gail
Mita
Jackie

 
Bev
Gordana
Bethany




Wendy
Ralph
Chris

Sharron
Diane

Anne
Gunnel

Helen

Elizabeth



 Four days spent with fellow stitchers is so renewing
 for those of us who quietly work alone in our studios.

Four days spent with friends old and new
means one heck of a lot of talking!

and boy did we laugh!

Thank you to Elizabeth and her sister Patti for their generous hospitality
and
Many thanks to Bethany who drove me to meet up with my son Mark. 


Mark and I drove North amid fields of wind turbines


Beautiful in their strangeness


and for the first time ever they were all twirling!


 Travelling through rural Ontario....


....one is bound to find many....


....a barn and at this time of year....


 ....much colour.


 Then Collingwood comes into view.

Thank you to my boys and their families for
a lovely Thanksgiving.

Now I am home again and back in the studio
getting used to the quiet
and hopefully starting many new stitchings.

5 comments:

  1. I love the photos of artist's hands working. Thank
    you for this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of these beautiful hands at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos of Ontario, the stitchers hands and your good friends from Australia. The hands spoke to me of the differences we all hold yet share in community. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you Penny - hoping you know how very much you are loved! Great to see Mark again, and time with friends and time alone with only kitties to love and talk to - fall is beautiful. I am glad you are safe at home. bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the montage of hands fascinating - a different perspective on people. Fun to see your drive through my province too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.