Friday 15 May 2015

Still Going Round in Circles


The machine stitching project that simply has to get done
has forced me to stop working on Winter Solstice.
It started because I simply had to find a way
of using my Egyptian cottons that I can no longer stitch through.
So I sit and couch strips onto sturdy fabric.
Round and round in circles.
All I have left to do is to fill in the white area at the bottom.


Ideas are brewing
for where to take this couching into more work this summer.
But I must finish the machine piecing project first.
I am impatient to get back to this though.


How I wish I could drag this tree home!


Birds on the edge.


Standing in a salty puddle
Behind the brush
He is wondering
if those Rusty Pups have spied him yet.

10 comments:

  1. That tree has quite a personality. I love those polished limbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fascinating tree indeed. I'm not at all surprised you want to take it home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Going around in circles" usually isn't the best way to proceed ..... but NOT here with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, your work continues to inspire and I am always in awe... and I see a beautiful, lost soul in that tree, crying out for a home with you. Perfectly formed leg and foot in the lower portion. Can DH help you cut/transport at least the knarly, seaweed covered section - or is it sacred in place?
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be finding my chainsaw so fast ... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps in you wanderings you'll find something smaller *smile* - but this it a real treasure. Love your circles. Can you tell us how large it is now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps in you wanderings you'll find something smaller *smile* - but this it a real treasure. Love your circles. Can you tell us how large it is now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a BEAUTIFUL effect with your circles !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have got to find a way to drag that tree home, Penny !
    It's so beautiful ;)
    Your circle is stunning and the colours are so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.