Tuesday 10 February 2015

Snow Days


Probably a blue jay
 took shelter n the front porch


Snow shoeing around the garden
catching the morning light.


A day of sunshine in a Canadian winter
always lifts our spirits.


Especially this year
when the snow keeps coming and coming....


....and coming.


The snowblower can't cope
but it did manage to make a path down the driveway.
Behind me is a mountain of snow about nine feet high
and twenty feet deep.
The driveway is getting shorter
and narrower!


But still it is beautiful in nature's simple honesty.

7 comments:

  1. Are you going to incorporate those Blue Jay markings in your work this week? Being from Melbourne, Australia, I just can't believe how much snow you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think snow looks better out in the countryside...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! This is so beautiful -- but having been through a few (thankfully few) snowy winters like this I know how confining it can feel. Your pictures, as always, are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!!! This is so beautiful -- but having been through a few (thankfully few) snowy winters like this I know how confining it can feel. Your pictures, as always, are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these beautiful winter photos. Being on the west coast we tend to see rain versus snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the first photo in the post, I thought those were cupcakes with creamcheese frosting with bird prints on them. Love that! And, it sure IS the winter of snow, eh? Same here. More might be on the way this weekend, making me wonder if I need to borrow a roof rake! Take care and happy scratching through the snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light in these pics is beautiful. That is a whole lotta snow, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.