Monday 14 April 2014

It's Been Two Weeks


It's been a long time
but we are here..


spying the first robins
who would have found it difficult finding worms
that were snugly hidden beneath lots of snow.


Then the sun came out thank goodness.


On Tuesday we woke before the crack of dawn
to get me to the surgery in time.
(Not to worry...all is well!)

Then we received the sad news that Handy Hubby's
mother had passed away.
Krystyna was an amazing woman
who survived Warsaw during the war
She will be missed.


On Saturday we hung yards and yards of 
Daily scratchings in our local
Mym gallery.
Well, Handy Hubby did the work
I sat in a chair and supervised!

The black ducks are back at the pond
courting in the vegetable garden
and trying to avoid Rusty Pups.

Quite a couple of weeks.

8 comments:

  1. I love to read your stories - some sad, many nice and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies.
    It's good to see the robins coming back, though, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been missing you. I'm very sorry to hear that your mother-in-law passed away. Also happy to hear that you are well. Would love to see pics of your pieces hanging - hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, I was concerned. Thank you for your blog post.
    This is too brief a way to touch you, but I will do it anyway. Sending:
    My condolences for your loss.
    My concern for your surgical recovery.
    My desire to see photos of the installation.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is gorgeous - all those little stitches! So sorry for your (and your husband's) loss, and many blessings for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending special thoughts your way! Where is your show hung? Would love to come and see....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like quite a lot has happened in just a short while. So sorry about both your surgery and the passing of your mother in law. Thoughts of sympathy are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed you at the retreat. Wanted you to know what an inspiration you have been.mmtake care, sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.