Monday 1 April 2013

The End of March Scratched


Daily scratchings accompanied the RP's and me deep
into the tangled woods


Monday was a day of designing
trees and moons


Followed by two days of making marks


Eagles soared overhead
probably rejoicing on a sunshiny day


The garden at midnight
lit up by a big bright moon
and woods danced in celebration


My mother's hexagons
She used to stitch these on long car trips.
When she died five years ago now
I stuffed my suitcase full of her UFO's and fabric scraps.
I love those old silks and cottons from the
fifties and sixties
full of so many memories.
and
of course
Happy Easter.

4 comments:

  1. i too have a thing for trees, and now i want to make one with your scratched ideas!! [alas i am knee deep in grandgirl skirt makin's this week, so this idea will have to wait]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I am so in awe of the time you put into Scratching & the fabulous results. Could you please give me a e-address where I can contact you directly. Thanks for sharing, your blog is a beautiful way to start a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love moons and trees and the so simple eagles, wonderful. Great to have a stash of your Mom's bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scratchings have been adventuring almost as much as you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.