Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Eyes Have It


Thinking eyes and seeing them everywhere
Even trees have eyes 
but they don't come in pairs.
Some have woolly eyebrows


some form slits against bright sunshiny days


Others have bags under their eyes


Perhaps in need of some anti-wrinkle cream
or one of those tiny bottles of liquid tears


distressed and tearful


Perhaps an alligator's eye


Some trees have lips
created by a rope that had obviously been there for years.
We freed it
Hope it can breathe better now.

14 comments:

  1. Who knew looking at trees could be right up there with cloud gazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next walk in the woods will be very different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavens, you really have a gift for seeing patterns and forms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that business of seeing pattern everywhere...perhaps those trees are not amused!

      Delete
  4. The smile on the tree you freed... just amazing photos, Penny! Thanks for giving us a new way to look at the woods! -sus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking about looking at things...I am sure that on a different day I would have seen things differently.

      Delete
  5. lots of eyes surround my home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the giggle this morning! There is a cherry tree where I walk and there is a Goddess living in its bark. I see her everyday. My piano also has a face in the wood. I know I am doing my yoga correctly when I can see her. ;) I love to find designs in bark and you have some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing what we can see when we de clutter our minds.

      Delete
  7. Like eyes of primitive creatures...quite disturbing! But an interesting idea, I will look for those eyes that I never noticed before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely look at trees in a whole different light now - thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.